SLIDER

My Golden Mean






I, like many, am an easy target for rabbit holes of obsession. A combination of curiosity, susceptibility, stubbornness and perfectionism has frequently led me astray. In college my major changed 6 times, running the gamut from exercise science to merchandising before I fell in love with accounting (said no one ever?).


This may ring familiar to you.


Have you spent egregious amounts of money developing a 12-step skincare routine while thoughtfully contemplating the merits of both minimalism and financial stability? Have you delicately sipped Golden Turmeric Milk one evening and demolished cheese fries the next? Do you embrace both high and low culture - watching Real Housewives and reading classic literature in the same sitting? Are you seemingly a walking contradiction?


If so, you & I are in the same struggle.


After 30 years of trying to become the best at every single thing that peaks my interest (which spans nearly every subject known to man...except geology) I am throwing in the towel. I am no longer attempting to find that one thing that I am meant to be amazing at and am instead seeking out a balance that allows me to moderately feed all of my interests. I am deleting the "jack of all trades, master of none" mantra from my mind. I will not become a professional book reviewer or a pastry chef but I will fervently recommend my favorites reads to friends while feeding them a lopsided homemade cake. This is where the golden mean comes into play.


It has been argued that the concept of a golden mean is present in nearly all facets of human existence from architecture and music to nature and ethics. Most simplistically, the golden mean represents a middle road, moderation, balance. And so, herein lies the quest I have begun that I invite you to join - finding a personal balance, my golden mean.
© My Golden Mean • Theme by Maira G.