SLIDER

The Ultimate Christmas Cookies Run Down




There are few things more important during the holidays than cookies. I love baking them. I love decorating them. I love sharing them. And above all, I love eating them. I have rounded up a list of the 7 cookies I will be making during the month of December. Four of these recipes I have made and cannot wait to repeat, the other three are new additions that I am excited to give a go (and report back on)!

Any time that I bake cookies I follow four simple baking rules:


  1. Leave the required amount of butter on the counter the night before to ensure it is thoroughly softened to room temperature
  2. Pop the completed dough in the fridge before baking (see here for all the reasons why!)
  3. Bake the cookies on a slipmat
  4. Follow the recipe measurements and directions to. the. letter.

Tried & True Favorites


Perfect for: Traditionalists

I made these for the first time last year and immediately felt they were a new staple cookie for the holiday season.



Perfect for: Easily intimidated

These cookies are a cinch to prepare and require so few ingredients. They are decadent but relatively healthy at about 75 calories each. I love how moist these melt in your mouth cookies are.



Perfect for: Those with a sweet tooth

When I need a showstopper cookie for a holiday party, these are my go-to. The eggnog and nutmeg flavor shines through beautifully and there is something so irresistible about a cookie smothered in buttercream frosting!



Perfect for: Fans of cake and/or citrus

I love these light, fluffy & bright cookies to offset the richness of most holiday treats. These cookies have a soft, cake-like consistency and are topped with a tangy lemon glaze.



New Kids on the Block


Perfect for: Dessert rebels

My mom gifted me a subscription to Cook's Country magazine for my birthday this year and I am loving how full of recipes and tips it is. This recipe immediately caught my eye as both my husband & I are fans of spice.




Perfect for: Cookie press owners

These bite size cookies will give you the chance to break out that cookie press and make all kinds of fun shapes. The best part comes at the end when you can decorate with sprinkles to your heart's content!




Brown Butter Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies by Cookies & Cups
Perfect for: Cozy cookie fans

I have a thing for brown butter, as of late, so these really caught my eye. And every holiday cookie spread needs a crinkle cookie!



P.S. This title is an ode to the Office episode "Michael Scott Paper Company"   

No comments

Post a Comment

© My Golden Mean • Theme by Maira G.